About the Secretary's Circle
The Phi Beta Kappa Society annually invites some its most generous members to take part in a distinctive opportunity within the Society. The Secretary's Circle is comprised of Phi Beta Kappa members who make a commitment to give an annual gift of $1,500 or more in support of the goals of the Society.
Participants in the Secretary's Circle provide crucial financial support to advance the Society's mission of fostering and recognizing excellence in the liberal arts and sciences. Their generosity makes it possible for Phi Beta Kappa to promote the value of a liberal education at a time when that value is in danger of unprecedented erosion.
In return for their generous support, participants in the Secretary's Circle receive certain benefits designed particularly to suit their interests. Most notably, they are invited to attend several national and regional Phi Beta Kappa events, where they receive VIP treatment including reserved seating and exclusive opportunities to share ideas with fellow Secretary's Circle members, distinguished speakers, and Book Award Winners.
Participants in the Secretary's Circle may choose from among the following levels of annual support:
Laureate $1,500- $2,499
- Invitation for two to all Phi Beta Kappa Society National Lecture Series events held across the U.S., including reserved seating and invitations to pre- or post-lecture receptions with the speakers
- Invitation for two to regional Phi Beta Kappa Secretary's Circle receptions with the Secretary
- Invitation to the Phi Beta Kappa Book Awards Dinner, held in Washington D.C.
- Complimentary subscription to The American Scholar
- Special recognition at the Phi Beta Kappa Society headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Bronze Laureate $2,500- $4,999 All of the above, plus
- Commemorative engraved crystal paperweight
- Special recognition in The American Scholar
Silver Laureate $5,000- $9,999 All of the above, plus
- Invitation to a private champagne reception with the Secretary prior to the Phi Beta Kappa Book Awards Dinner in Washington, D.C.
Gold Laureate $10,000 and above All of the above, plus
- Personal assistance with all travel arrangements to regional and national Phi Beta Kappa Society events, provided by a staff member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society