The Phi Beta Kappa Society seeks an organized, creative, and collaborative individual to provide program and administrative support for member engagement, with a primary focus on the Society’s national network of 290 chapters and 50 alumni associations. Under the supervision of the Director, Chapter and Association Relations, the Associate will work with volunteer leaders on campuses and in local communities to advance organizational goals that include building visibility on chapter campuses, increasing participation in alumni associations, and developing opportunities for the next generation of Phi Beta Kappa members and leaders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and address areas of chapter and association need in collaboration with the Director, with an emphasis on replicating best practices and fostering innovation;
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and serve as a representative of the Society under guidance of Phi Beta Kappa senior staff and executives;
- Research, plan, and coordinate visits and events with chapters and associations; support Phi Beta Kappa leadership on select trips to assist with logistics and volunteer engagement;
- Create compelling content for newsletters, websites, and other platforms with a focus on highlighting chapters and associations;
- Develop and maintain an online portfolio of resources to support the activities of chapter and association volunteers and share examples of best practices;
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and execution of Triennial Council and support other Society events as needed;
- Monitor and support new member registration process with a focus on ensuring ease of use for chapter volunteers and student registrants;
- Respond to requests from chapter and association leaders requesting resources, such as member lists, and assist with maintenance of a member database;
- Prepare materials for meetings and conference calls with Phi Beta Kappa committees; and
- Coordinate chapter and association annual reports, prepare quarterly IRS filings, and assist with other administrative activities.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Some travel required. The Phi Beta Kappa Society offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and retirement, and is located in the heart of Dupont Circle.
- Proven experience and demonstrated success with volunteer engagement and event planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a creative approach to problem solving and program implementation
- Proven time management and organizational skills, with the ability to work as part of team, in collaboration with volunteer leaders, as well as independently
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects with great attention to detail
- A passion for the liberal arts and sciences and ability to motivate volunteers
- Proficiency in large-scale email and membership database platforms, survey design, MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Studio (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) preferred
- BA/BS degree, with Phi Beta Kappa membership preferred, but not required.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Ann McCulloch, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about The Phi Beta Kappa Society, visit www.pbk.org. The Phi Beta Kappa Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Job openings