1. Fill out the Lebowitz Nomination Form. The form includes space for the full names, affiliation, and email addresses for each speaker. The nomination must consist of a pair of speakers who hold contrasting (not necessarily opposing) views on a topic of current interest and importance in philosophy.
2. Submit with the nomination form two 300 word abstracts. Each abstract should be tailored to address the specific topic to be discussed as well as the approach of the speaker.
3. Submit a complete CV for each proposed speaker.
4. Nominations should include at least two letters of recommendation. Ideally, letter writers will have knowledge of both proposed speakers. Letters should address the stature of the candidate(s) and the relevance of the topic for current debates in philosophy.
5. Please mail all materials electronically toJen Horneman. If electronic submission is not possible, please send hard copy to:
Committee on the Lebowitz Prizes
The Phi Beta Kappa Society
1606 New Hampshire Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20009
Contact Jen Horneman for the deadline for the nomination form and materials.