The fellowship is intended for applicants who:
- Demonstrate convincingly that an active use of the French language plays or will play a significant role in their current or future career;
- Have a bachelor's degree in French language and literature from an accredited four-year institution;
- Have achieved a minimum 3.0 GPA;
- Demonstrate superior competence in French, per the standards established by the American Association of Teachers of French; and
- Are U.S. Citizens
Before applying, interested candidates should thoroughly read these eligibility requirements.
Applications for 2023 are due on January 20, 2023.
Applications must include:
- A work proposal in both English and French
- Transcripts from all institutions (Transcripts do not need to come directly from the institution.)
- Three letters of recommendation