The fellowship is intended for applicants who:
- Demonstrate convincingly that an active use of the French language plays or will play a significant role in their current or future career;
- Have a bachelor's degree in French language and literature from an accredited four-year institution;
- Have achieved a minimum 3.0 GPA;
- Demonstrate superior competence in French, per the standards established by the American Association of Teachers of French; and
- Are U.S. Citizens
Before applying, interested candidates should thoroughly read this application form and these eligibility requirements.
Applications should be completed electronically here.
Applications must include:
*Letters and transcripts (in lieu of uploading them to the linked forms) may be sent electronically, to Jen Horneman, firstname.lastname@example.org from the letter writer and/or institution.
- A work proposal in both English and French
- Transcripts from all institutions (Transcripts do not need to come directly from the institution.)*
- Three letters of recommendation should be uploaded directly by each recommender at this link. (Note this link is different than the link to the application.)*