The fellowship is intended for applicants who:
- Demonstrate convincingly that an active use of the French language plays or will play a significant role in their current or future career;
- Have a bachelor's degree in French language and literature from an accredited four-year institution;
- Have achieved a minimum 3.0 GPA;
- Demonstrate superior competence in French, per the standards established by the American Association of Teachers of French; and
- Are U.S. Citizens
Before applying, interested candidates should thoroughly read this application form and these eligibility requirements.
Completed applications should be sent electronically to Jen Horneman, Awards Coordinator at the Phi Beta Kappa National Office and must include:
*Letters and transcripts may be sent electronically, directly to ΦBK from the letter writer and/or institution.
- The application form
- A work proposal in both English and French
- Transcripts from all institutions*
- Three letters of recommendation*