When you accept your Phi Beta Kappa invitation, you are connected to a diverse network of high achievers who are active in science and health care, business and technology, the arts and humanities, and law and philanthropy.
There are 50 alumni associations across the country where members regularly gather to share ideas, build networks, explore their communities, and gather with a group of friends. With over 500,00 members, Phi Beta Kappa acts as an alumni “super network” that can connect you with peers and mentors in nearly any field all over the world.
This year, events will take place in the following cities:
Save The Date - Key Connections
- Atlanta, GA - Games and Networking at Ormsby's
- Austin, TX - Meet and Greet at Pool Burger
- Baltimore, MD - Mixing Drinks and Personal Finance
- Berkeley, CA - The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Boston, MA - Sam Adams Brewery Tour
- Burlington, VT - Queen City Brewery Tour
- Chicago, IL - (En)Lightning Talks Chicago: Young Professionals
- Dallas, TX - Your Career Arc: What You Should Be Doing Now and 10 Years From Now!
- Denver, CO - A Millennial's Guide to Money Matters
- Detriot, MI - Trivia Social
- Houston, TX -Network at the 8th Wonder Brewery
- Indianapolis, IN - Networking Social
- Las Vegas, NV - Pahrump Winery Tour and Lunch
- Los Angeles, CA - Connect at Golden Road Brewing
- Louisville, KY - Tour Old Forester Distillery
- Menlo Park, CA - The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Minneapolis/St.Paul, MN - Bell Museum Tour
- Nashville, TN - Tour the Lane Motor Museum
- Philadelphia, PA - Sunday Social with Celtic Music Performance
- Portland, OR - Networking Happy Hour
- Phoenix, AZ - Tour and Networking at Montelucia Resort
- Pittsburgh, PA - Celebrate PBK with Pizza, Beer, and Key Connections
- Raleigh, NC - Game Night
- Seattle, WA - NFL Kickoff Social
- Washington, DC - Drink and Dine at Atlas Bew Works
events will be held on September 6 - 9, 2018
. Make sure we have your correct location and email address to receive invitations to events in your area! Contact Us
.Find your Local Association
FAQ: ΦBK and Your Career
How do I list PBK on my resume?
We recommend listing Phi Beta Kappa as an achievement with your undergraduate degree. For example:
College of William and Mary
Bachelor of Science, Biology Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
You can also list your membership in an “Honors” or “Membership” section if you maintain one.
What’s the best way to convey the value of my liberal arts and sciences degree?
That’s a good question! A liberal arts and sciences education teaches a person to think critically, a skill that is applicable in any field or position. For more on the facts of the matter, visit our online toolkit.
I want to wear my key to an interview. What's the best way to do this?
Hiring managers know the notable quality of PBK candidates, and it's likely someone in your potential new workplace is also a member. If your key is a pin, wearing it on the lapel of your suit jacket is appropriate. The key can also be worn as a necklace or tie tack. For all key options, visit pbkkey.com.
Can you connect me with another PBK member in my field?
LinkedIn is the best platform to find other members in your field. Be sure to join the PBK members-only LinkedIn group so you can directly message other members.
I have a job opening and want to share it with other PBK members. How do I do that?
You can post jobs directly to the LinkedIn group. We will share select opportunities on our Twitter feed using #PBKCareerCorner.
Have other questions? Let us know!