This June, the Society hosted a virtual conference for our Key into Public Service Scholars. Now all Phi Beta Kappa members and chapter institutions can access the tips and resources shared by leading service organizations including the Partnership for Public Service, the Volcker Alliance, and Lead for America.
On this page, you will find insider tips about recruitment strategies and fellowship opportunities at federal, state, and local levels. Explore strategies and advice for applying to graduate school in public service, international, medical, and public health careers. You will also learn how to pitch the value of your arts and sciences education to future employers.
Access the tools you need to launch a public service career rooted in arts and sciences expertise here.
Key into Federal Service
- Phi Beta Kappa - Key into Federal Service Session Recording
- GoGovernment - One-stop shop on how to find and apply for federal positions
- Best Places to Work - These rankings provide insights into what current employees think about their agency work environments, focusing on topics such as leadership, teamwork, worklife balance and more
- USAJOBS Help Center - Specifically, the Federal Occupation by College Major page helps job seekers match their degree to specific jobs within the federal government
- Pathway Programs - Pathways at the U.S. Department of State -
- OPM - U.S. Office of Personnel Management
Key into Local & State Services
- Phi Beta Kappa - Key into Local & State Service Session Recording
- Lead for America
- The Volcker Alliance
Is Graduate School Key to Service?
- Phi Beta Kappa - Is Graduate School Key to Service? Session Recording
- NASPAA - The Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration
- APSIA - Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs
The Art & Science of Connecting with Employers
Public Service Partners
Stay connected by updating your contact informationUpdate Now